Everything but the Kitchen Sink Veggie Smoothie
1 small carrot
2 stalks celery
5 leaves romaine lettuce
1 tablespoon flax seed meal
1 small red pepper
1/3 cup basil
1 pinch salt
1/4 bulb fennel
1/2 cup jicama
2 cups water
1 tablespoon lemon juice
Hot sauce to taste
- Oh, well, hello salad. This literally is drinking your salad. But quite yummy.
- Again, another monster smoothie. But I think I am coming to understand that I like my smoothies a little on the thinner side, so I add more water. You can add less, have less, and have a thicker smoothie.
- And seriously, I don't think it matters what veggies you put in this one as long as you have tomatoes as your base.
- Sweet business: high in manganese, magnesium, niacin, phosphorus, potassium, vitamin A, vitamin B6, and vitamin C, not to mention fiber.
Total Fat: 3.9 grams (Saturated Fat .5)
Sodium: 229 mg
Carbohydrates: 40.4 grams (Fiber 17.3)
Protein 9.5 grams
Vitamin A: 311%
Vitamin C: 315%
Almond Banana Smoothie
2 cups almond milk
1/4 cup almond butter
1 banana, peeled
2 tablespoons flax seed
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract or from a vanilla bean
greens (I used 2 leaves kale, 8 leaves romaine)
- I split this one over two meals because it's a big one.
- But look a the calcium people!
Total Fat: 48.7 grams (Saturated Fat 4.1)
Sodium: 369 mg
Carbohydrates: 49.5 grams (Fiber 15.1)
Protein 18.4 grams
Vitamin A: 182%
Vitamin C: 95%
1 cup coconut water
1 blood orange (which I peeled 1/2 of and left the peel on the other half)
3/4 cup mango
1 tablespoon chia seeds
1 stalk celery
3 leaves kale
1 cup fennel
- This one has a lot of sugar grams, which is troubling, but it also has a ton of fiber and vitamin C (and its calcium ain't bad either).
- One of the tastiest smoothies I rocked this week, and I actually think it is because I used some of the orange peel. The orange is the dominant flavor, and in a good way.
Total Fat: 6.8 grams (Saturated Fat 1.2)
Sodium: 324 mg
Carbohydrates: 93.6 grams (Fiber 20.8)
Protein 10.3 grams
Vitamin A: 101%
Vitamin C: 310%