A Thanksgiving Round up
These are possible goals for my future.
And while time is finite and I certainly wish for more, I must admit I have been so grateful to have you all along for the ride for what little time we have had so far--I am so glad to be a part of your lives, if only for a moment.
With all of this in mind and given the time of year, I wanted to take some time to reflect on some of my favorite posts and to dig them back up. These are the ones that I am most proud of, that most reflect what I wish every post could be. It may be the science, the memory, the history, the literature, the photograph (but trust me, if it was from 2010-2014, it wasn't the photograph, I promise). So here they are, my top 12 favorite blog posts (so far...)
- History, Poetry, and the Potato: Colcannon
- Remembering my dear friend: Blueberry Pie
- I somehow connect Mrs. Dalloway to a Wicklow Pancake
- Using food to get out of a Funk: Green Pancakes with Lime Butter
- Connection to friends: Chicken Lasagna with Greens
- History of Basler Mehlsuppe (Swiss Carnival Soup)
- Remembering the trauma of seeing soft-shelled crabs for the first time: Butternut Squash, Bacon, and Sage Risotto
- History of the wok: Stir-fried Noodles with Wild Mushrooms
- The gimlet's connection to Raymond Chandler: Rhubarb Rose Gin Gimlet
- The science behind "Spinach Teeth": Paparot--Spinach and Polenta Soup
- A tribute to Judi Rodgers: Pasta with Giblet-Mushroom Sauce
- And my all-time favorite post: Remembering my grandmother with Split Pea Soup